Thursday, November 1, 2012

Brandywine Shawlette FO




I haven't posted in over a month!  I didn't really mean to slack off on the blogging but I have been knitting (a lot) and sewing (a little!).  I have finished several knitting projects and the first I will talk about is probably my favorite.  This is the Brandywine Shawlette pattern by Rosemary Hill.  The yarn I used is Dream in Color Smooshy in the colorway Rose Smash.  I finished this on September 30 and it was one of the handmade items I gave to my friend Kristin for birthday/christmas when I met up with her in Chicago a couple weeks ago.  I wanted this shawlette to be small, to be worn as a scarf with a jacket so I used one size smaller needle than the pattern recommended.  If I did it again I think I would use the recommended needle size.  It could have been bigger but I think it will work fine and Kristin liked it so that was all that mattered.  This was the first Rosemary Hill pattern that I have knit and I really enjoyed the pattern, it was well written and easy to understand.  FYI- the sweater I am wearing in the picture is my Amelia sweater which is one of my favorites!

I am planning to participate in the NaKniSweMo  KAL on Ravelry this month.  This is a knit a-long where you knit a sweater of at least 50,000 stitches to completion in the month of November.  I am planning on knitting a Dark and Stormy Cardigan with some Miss Babs Yowza that I got at Stitches Midwest in 2011.  I have wound up the first ball and swatched so I am ready to cast on today! 

I am also planning on participating in Blog-vember, meaning that I will blog every day all month.  So, hopefully I can stick to that!  I will hopefully have progress of my Dark and Stormy cardi to report!


No comments:

Post a Comment