Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday


 I haven't had much sewing time this week but today I started cutting out the prints for my 9 patch lattice baby quilt.  I really started this today so I would have something different to show today for WIP Wednesday!  I have a couple more prints to cut then I will start sewing them together.  The rest of my sewing time I did the quilting on my sewing machine cover that I have been working on.  It is kind of hard to see in the photo below but I did straight line quilting on a 1 inch interval in the green swirly area.  The thread I used was a tan aurifil thread. I also quilted along the seams for the center wonky portions, the thread I used was an off white from Connecting Threads.  Hopefully I can get this finished up tomorrow or Friday.
I do still have the Mod Sampler quilt in progress, I have put all the rows together with the sashing and then I read the directions.  Oops!  Apparently I was supposed to cut the sashing strips lengthwise in order to have 63" long strips, so I had to go find more Kona White before I could continue.  Now I have my strips cut but I haven't gotten any further.  Once I get the previous two projects done I will hopefully make more progress on this quilt. 


We went out of town last weekend on a road trip to Rochester Minnesota.  I actually visited a quilt shop and a knit shop but didn't purchase anything, I just couldn't find anything that really appealed to me.   I did make some decent knitting progress on my Lotus hat, I should have it finished in a day or so.  I also finally got past the yoke section on my Ravi cardigan but forgot to take a photo.  I need to knit a worsted weight sweater next, Sport weight sweaters take forever to knit!  I also have been working on the brandywine shawl, I have 8 repeats done of the main pattern and 6 or 7 left to go depending how many I decide to do. 

Today at the grocery store I came across Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Liqueur, so I picked up a bottle and this evening we had a Pumpkin Pie Martini.  I garnished these with pumpkin flavored marshmallows, and they were very tasty! 

Linking up to WIP wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

1 comment: