Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf FO


This is the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf, pattern by Karen Baumer which is a free pattern from Ravelry.   This is the final item that I made for my friend Kristin for this year's birthday/Christmas gift exchange.  She got all handmade items this year!  This was a fairly enjoyable scarf to knit, the changing yarns made it go more quickly than scarves usually do.  The original pattern called for Noro Silk Garden which has long color repeats, I chose to make it with leftover balls of sock yarn instead.  I chose colors in blue, gray, pink, and burgundy because those are Kristin's favorites.  The pattern knits up at a diagonal which is done by increases and decreases, not by picking up stitches.  The only drawback to using leftover yarn is all the ends I had to weave in at the end.  Yarns included are: Colinette Jitterbug, Dream in Color Smooshy, Dream in Color Starry, Farmhouse Yarns Fannie's Fingering, Fiberphile Squooshy sock, Hazel Knits artisan sock, Koigu, Kollage Yarns Sock-a-licious, Perchance to Knit Merino Sock, Rio De Le Plata Sock Artista, Socktopus Sokkusu Original,String Theory Caper Sock, Madelinetosh Pashmina and Tosh Sock.  I still have a huge bin of leftover sock yarn so perhaps I will make another for myself at some point.  Kristin was extremely pleased with her scarf as you can see below, she made it look very stylish!  As well as much more cheery looking than I did above!  I really need to smile in pictures - I look quite scary - sorry about that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment