Friday, August 24, 2012

Fabric Friday - Flea Market Fancy Edition

 I finally decided to get some Flea Market Fancy fabric for myself, these were on sale for $5 a yard at Pink Castle Fabrics last week.  I have been thinking about these for a long time and I couldn't pass up that price.  I did end up getting a few more prints elsewhere because the first shop was sold out.  Those haven't come yet, I thought perhaps today but they did not appear.  I have been thinking about what to do with these, and I can't decide if I should do something really modern with them or perhaps go a more traditional route.  I have seen some cute quilts on Pinterest that use these fabrics so I do have some good sources of inspiration.

I have made progress on my Modern Sampler quilt!  I could not believe how long it took me to come up with the layout shown above.  It took me several attempts over a couple of days to get this figured out.  Somehow I never realized until I was laying it out that I had used 2 blues, 2 greens, 1 red and 1 yellow.  So I was trying to make sure that the red and yellow were somewhat evenly spaced out around the quilt to break up the blue and green but also make sure I didn't repeat 2 colors right next to each other.  This afternoon I got the top three rows sewn together with some white sashing before I had to stop for the day.  It is always good to stop on a good note, it makes me look forward to the next time.  I was working on this while re-watching Ally McBeal on Netflix Instant.  I like to watch something I have seen before while sewing so it doesn't matter if I miss something.

This evening while watching tv with Pat I finally finished Liesl!  I am hoping it hasn't turned out too big.  I still need to block it, weave in a few ends and find some buttons.  Now I am on to planning new projects.  I found out today that my friend Kristin's sister is having a baby girl in December so I am thinking I need to knit a baby sweater.  I knit her first daughter Olivia a tiny little Baby Surprise jacket so I need to come up with something else.  I have been browsing baby sweaters on Ravelry and have a few options favorited.

I think Pat and I are going to check out the Front Street Brewery in Davenport this weekend and I am planning a trip to the farmers market.  Otherwise I think it will be a fairly quiet weekend so hopefully I will get some more work done on my quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment