Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Knitting



I have added a few WIP's to the knitting rotation in the last week.  Above are the first 6 squares plus part of a seventh of my Barn Raising Quilt from the book Knitalong.  The pattern uses leftover sock yarn, of which I have a ton!  So far I have used Dream in color Smooshy twice, String Theory Caper sock twice, Hazel Knits Artisan sock, and Fannie's Farm House fingering.  The current square is Squoosh Fiber Arts Ultra Sock.  I am using a Size 2 Knit Picks Nickle plated needle for all the squares.  Hopefully the slight variation in size due to the differences in the yarn will block out.  I have a long way to go on this project!  
 
 
The second WIP is the Ravi Cardigan, pattern by Carol Feller.  The yarn for this is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Medium Weight colorway Oregon Red Clover Honey.  This pattern is worked top down but starts by working the yoke sideways in shortrows then picking up and knitting down the body.  I really need to get going on this one, it will be a great fall sweater. 

I have also been working on Liesl, this sweater has become the bane of my existence!  Other people have knit this bulky weight, short sleeve, lace sweater in 4 days!  I have been working on it since April!  Argh!  I don't even think I like it anymore but I must proceed.  I am part way done with the last sleeve then I plan to add a few more repeats to the body to make it a tad longer.  It must be done before this time next week or I may murder the sweater! 

I have also been working on one other project but it is secret knitting as it is a Christmas gift for a friend of mine so no pics of that for now.   Before anyone thinks I am really ambitious to be starting Christmas knitting in August I am actually seeing this friend in October for our yearly get together so I am not really being an over achiever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment