Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pinterest project

I love Pinterest, I have pinned so many different pictures and have gotten a lot of great ideas over there.  I pinned this picture quite a while ago and Pat finally got around to making it for me.  It is made from different sizes of pvc tubing and attached with double sided stick tape.  I am so happy with how this turned out and how well it works!  Previously these were just piled in the bottom of my cabinet and always getting tangled up.  I used to have a holder that hung on the wall but I like to put things away and also this bathroom doesn't have a lot of wall space.  So this is one Pinterest project that actually got completed.  I recently saw a pin that said something like - pinterest ought to have another button that says 'completed' and when you click it you get a round of applause.  Sounds like a good idea to me!  I love to check things off lists so that would be even more incentive! 

Speaking of lists I totally failed on my goals from last week's WIP wednesday post.  I did get the vest finished but hardly worked on the Liesl sweater at all.  My Stitch quilt made negative progress when I decided to remove the sashing from the blocks I had done and cut them all down to 8" square  rather than put sashing on and then cut them down to size.  It seemed like too much of a waste of fabric to me.  Fortunately I didn't have too much done on the sashing.  Now I am in the market for an 8" square ruler to use, hopefully I can make it to Jo-Ann fabric this weekend, I have a 50% off coupon! 

I am working on gathering some fabric for a autumn themed wall quilt, I got a few pieces yesterday at Susan's Calico Creations in Fulton.  We are planning on going to Des Moines this weekend to go the fair so hopefully I can go to Creekside Quilting in Urbandale to finish gathering up what I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment