Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ravellenic Gold!

I finished the vest at 530 pm on Sunday so I got my "Colorwork Cross Country" medal button for my sidebar.  This was the Nederland Vest from Knitscene Fall 2008.  Most of the yarn is Cascade 220 except the dark blue which is Knitpicks Wool of the Andes worsted.  I used my size 7 Signature needles and size 5 Nickle knitpicks needles for the ribbing.  I had original planned to use purple and natural along with the two different greens but I am glad I went with the two shades of blue instead.  The portion above the colorwork is a little too big - which is why I am only showing a side shot.  I am not sure how to fix it.  This was my first colorwork garment so I think it turned out ok all things considered.  I did learn some good tips from the Craftsy class I am taking.  I am looking forward to getting some yarn for that vest and starting it later this fall. 

I do have two other sweaters currently on the needles but I am starting to think about what I want to do next.  I have been thinking about using some sock yarn to make a vest similar to this one.  It would be good to continue to clear out the sock yarn stash.  I also have some Berroco Blackstone Tweed that I have been trying to figure out what to do with.  I really should finish the two sweaters I have on the needles before I start anything new so I can change my mind several times before I am ready to cast on!

No comments:

Post a Comment