Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIP wednesday

 I have three knitting WIP's to share today.  The first is my Liesl sweater, which is taking me an extraordinarily long time to finish.  I had it about 1/3 finished and decided that it was too small in the neckline so I frogged the whole thing and recast on with the wide neck version of the pattern on one size larger needles.  It seems to be working out much better now.  It looks like I should have alternated skeins but I can live with it, hopefully it won't be quite so noticeable when finished.  The yarn is Sundara Yarn Aran Silky Merino which is a beautiful yarn, it held up to being frogged pretty well, it is only slightly fuzzy. 

 The second WIP is my Ravellenic Games Nederland Vest which I think is coming along pretty well.  I am almost halfway through the colorwork section and I think I like the color choices I made.  I am crossing my fingers that the sizing comes out ok.  I cheated on my swatch and didn't even finish it because time got short to cast on during the opening ceremonies.  I was also trying to do a speed swatch in the round and it turned into a major pain so I decided to just cast on and hope for the best. 

The third WIP is my Revival Socks, these were supposed to be for Camp Loopy project 1 but I got too busy and didn't get them done in time.  This is the second sock so they should be done soon.  The yarn is Hazel Knits Artisan Sock and it is a really sturdy sock yarn.  It is the second pair of socks I have knit with this yarn and the first has held up really well.  My first pair are kind of wild and I do like this subtle variegation much better. 

I do have three more WIP's that are currently in hibernation, I will share those another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment